Sunday, June 29, 2014

Greek Yogurt And Fruit Popsicles


It's a well known fact that I am a desert lover. I take full responsibility for my sweet tooth and never shy away from a greasy (yummy!) almond croissants. That being said, I do enjoy a healthy treat (now and then). With these HOT summer evenings, my refreshing guilt free snacks are these greek yogurt popsicles. They are simple to make and only require a few base ingredients that you are sure to already have at home. If you don't have moulds to make pops, I suggest taking a look at your local dollar store or IKEA. 

You can find the simple recipe I used here, from Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Shaved Ice & Aguas Frescas by Fany Gerson. The key for that tangy lemon twist is in the syrup added to the yogurt. Throw in any fruit you want : kiwis, figs, mango; whether you mash fruit or leave them as chunks. Just make sure to chill the pops for 3 to 4 hours... and enjoy!! I promise, they are GOOD!

I hope you have a good start to the week! xo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. Lovely pictures you have here. I'm looking for recipes to make healthy popsicles for my daughter and your blog came up. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...